When planning to improve your bathroom and kitchen area, it is a bit nerve-racking to do all those thinking especially if you have seen a lot of beautiful and brilliant ideas on how to improve your home. The most challenging part especially if you are a creative person are weighing both functions over style or style over function but then again, the decision is still on you. Below are both comparisons of style vs. function and function vs. style along with their pros and cons in enhancing your bathroom and kitchen area.
- Style Function
Making both of your bathroom and kitchen areas look good can feel breathtaking and fulfilling by just looking at it. It gives you a sense of style and a sort of a “pat on a back” that you really did a great job by turning an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan and also the kind of excitement that you just can’t wait to let your house guests see what you did in those areas because you just turned your imagination into reality. Although it is not all the time that the style should be the main priority especially if you consider yourself as a space saving kind of person or if you apparently live in an apartment wherein, the bathroom and kitchen have already a fixed size of the entire area. Here are both the pros and cons if you consider the style first rather than the functionality of the bathroom and kitchen areas.
- It can awaken and exercise your inner sense of creativity.
- It gives you a feeling of fulfillment at the end of the decorating stage.
- You have the control over the kind of design concept you want to have of the areas.
- Decorations attract your house guests since it gives off comfort and sociability inside your bathroom and kitchen. It makes a certain guest more welcome.
- It is costly to maintain and create a specific design especially if your ideas are very ambitious and if you are running on a budget.
- Decorating the living room area is reasonable but for a kitchen and bathroom, it is not a bit considerable since it is not the area wherein your guests would gather around so only a few people would probably appreciate the interior design if ever you are planning to have it styled. Unless if your guests are very meticulous regarding interior designing.
- It is not practical especially if there are certain decorations inside that are useless and it would just take up
- Some decorations are not applicable especially if your bathroom and kitchen have a small space.
- Function Style
After reading the style vs. function section, if you happen to agree with its cons then you are a practical person who prioritizes more on the functionality and thinks of the limitations of the bathroom and kitchen area. Here are the pros and cons when functionality is your priority over style.
- If your main concern for your bathroom and kitchen is the space, then you would most likely attach on wall cabinets or drawers wherein you can place the necessary things needed in each area.
- Since space saving is your major priority, then you would make everything neat and spacious for you to move around.
- You do not have to maintain an impression for the sake of sociability, so it saves you from the trouble from thinking on how to make your bathroom and kitchen in looking extravagant.
- Since decorating is not in your to do list for this then you can also save your time and effort in developing its physique since all of your attention is focused on how to improve the domain products in each area.
- If you are already satisfied with just leaving your bathroom and kitchen plan, then it does not give a warm welcome to your house guests.
- It makes the entire area boring and unsatisfied if you are not a minimalist,
After reading this article, it is important to know what are your priorities when it comes to home development such as http//www.jgkab.co.uk but then again, it falls back to you at the end. It will always be you who will take decisions. Lastly, you can also try checking out websites for more suggestions on improving your kitchen and bathroom area.